Monday, August 08, 2005

The Memorial


Memorial 008, originally uploaded by Maggiejumps.

This weekend was difficult for us all over again, because of Saturday's memorial jump for Sean.

There were nine people total on the jump. I was one of them, skydiving in Jason's spot since he can't right now.

We formed a circle, all holding hands. At 6,000 feet, about the same altitude as the accident, I turned and flew away from the group. That empty spot was maintained for the rest of the skydive to signify our missing man. It was stark and beautiful.

Almost the instant we finished that jump, the nasty gray clouds were swept clean from the sky, and everything was blue and clear for the rest of the day.

After I landed, I hugged Jason, who was soaked with tears. I kissed him. We held each other for a long, long time. We cried together in each other's arms.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Sara said...

My thougts are with you guys in your tough time right now. I wish you all the best in the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home